The race to a promotion is not an easy one. It will be challenging, sometimes even demotivating but inevitably rewarding if you reach your goal.
Whilst the dynamics of organisations differ from time to time, the basics around standing out and being noticed remain the same.
One of the key factors in getting a promotion is to be an exemplary employee who is highly respected at your company. Your experience, skills, reputation, work ethic, and success are all factors that will help you secure a promotion.
Key aspects to get to the next level in your career:
- WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT REWARDS AND RECOGNISES HIGH PERFORMERS
- BE EXCELLENT AT WHAT YOU DO AND DO NOT SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY
- BE RELIABLE AND ON TIME- TREAT YOUR JOB LIKE YOU OWN BUSINESS
- LEAD-TAKE INITIATIVE AND RUN WITH IDEAS THAT WILL ADD VALUE
- JOIN THE “A” TEAM- ALWAYS SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE EMPLOYEES AND DO NOT BE INFLUENCED BY NEGATIVE EMPLOYEES OR OFFICE GOSSIP
- BE A TEAM PLAYER- “A TRUE LEADER SERVES FIRST AND THEN LEADS”
- BE PROACTIVE- LET YOUR BOSS KNOW THAT YOU ARE AMBITIOUS AND READY FOR THE NEXT STEP